Wednesday, February 13, 2008

White Dwarf

As I mentioned in my last post, between 1998 and 2000 I had nothing published in 'Inferno!' magazine. However, during that time I remained published as I contributed a series of six articles to Games Workshop's hobby magazine, White Dwarf.



I had already had a campaign featuring Wood Elves and the Undead published over two issues of the magazine (#198 and #199) back in 1996 under the title of 'Dawn of the Restless Dead', when Jake Thornton was editor. Since that time I had an article appear in the GW-controlled fanzine Citadel Journal (again featuring Wood Elves, although this time using them in the Warhammer Quest game system). The editor (or 'ead-'itter, as he was known) was Paul Sawyer. By 1998 he was editor of White Dwarf.


The six articles I wrote for Paul during his tenure as editor were all based on the Warhammer Fantasy Battle game (which is 25 years old this year!) with one also referring to the Warhammer 40,000 background. They seemed to go down quite well at the time.

If you want to find out more, follow this link to the White Dwarf online database and simply put my name into the search engine there. They weren't the last magazine articles I was ever to write and soon I was back writing fiction for the Black Library, but I'll tell you more about that next time.

Until then...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home