Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bloodbones Redux

Now, don't get too excited. According to my dictionary, redux is an adjective meaning 'brought back' or 'restored' (from the Latin reducere, 'to bring back'). So let's just get one thing straight, Bloodbones isn't coming back... at least, not just yet... at least, not as far as I know... It's just a cool title for a blog post, okay?

However, some of the illustrations from the aforementioned Fighting Fantasy gamebook about voodoo pirates have recently been given a new lease of life by illustrator extraordinaire Tony Hough. Tony has sent me three images from the book that he has re-worked in Photoshop, painting over the original rotring pen illustrations.

I present them for you here, with Tony's kind permission, alongside the originals so you can really see the difference. I think you'll agree that together, they are an amazing piece of work.





I think my favourite has to be Ramatu the Witchdoctor. That said, I love the detailing on the Preying Mantis.

If you like what you see here, or you would like Tony to work for you, follow this link to his own website.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home