Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Mystery of Démonlovagok

Quite by chance, I came across this the other day.


As far as I can work out, it's the Hungarian version of my second Fighting Fantasy gamebook Knights of Doom. Here's how my computer translated the page:

Vérkrétakő kingdom scary things happen. Famine, epidemic, riot reward for the head of the country. The chaos and the destruction of a massive storm was preceded by a court of the wise men of the evil herald were coming. Or perhaps the return? Tela generations since the kingdom of the preservative, the holy order of knights centuries ago legendáriuma a claimant of the Crown retains the memory of actions and history. He Belgroth who serve the Chaos gentlemen and established a distorted mirror image of the Templar order. Caere Skal Démonlovagjainak system. Although Belgaroth fell Caere Skal siege, but it seems that he is now back behind the events. Who can to fight holtából feltámadott boszorkánymesterrel? To win one of the legions of demonic kingdom ambitious? The king's advisors that only a well-trained fighters Tela, there is a chance - for someone like you!

Two dice, a pencil and an eraser, some with no luck: this is all you need to belevágj in this exciting adventure. YOU decide when to choose what path, what is a threat vállalsz, which will trick out of the trap and what küdesz against it. The solution is in your hand!


Now, strange as this might sound, I knew nothing about this Hungarian version until I came across it accidentally on the Web.

It looks like it was published after Puffin Books finished publishing the Fighting Fantasy series back in the mid 1990s and certainly nobody ever wrote to me about the book (and consequently I've not been paid anything from its sales either).

But what I would like most of all, quite simply, is a copy of the book. I have all the other foreign editions of any of my published books (I think!) and would just like to be able to add this to the collection.

So, if anyone can help, knows any more about the book or even, perhaps, where I can get hold of a copy, please respond to this post and let me know. If your information leads anywhere, I'll send you a few favours in return by way of a thank you.

So, fingers crossed!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corr! I'd like a copy of that too!! Like you I never saw a penny for this one, though I did for the French edition. Let me know if you find a source!

May 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Hi Tony,

Will do!

May 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home