Friday, July 10, 2009

Dave Allsop

A while ago now I wrote a series of posts about the short stories I had written. I got as far as number 4 (a story called Dark Heart) and as yet the series has yet to be continued. However, if I had got as far as short story number 12 you would have heard me mention the name of Dave Allsop already.

I have recently been revisiting the Black Templar Space Marines of the Solemnus Crusade for an upcoming (and rather unexpected) project and looked up my Templars short story Sanctuary which originally appeared in Inferno! magazine #38. The accompanying illustration of Chaplain Wolfram battling genestealers was by Dave Allsop and was a really rather fine piece of work.


So I looked him up on the Internet and found this... But be warned, it's not for the faint of heart. I particularly like his paintings of a Putrid Leech and a Tooth Golem along with his cute Cthulhu characters (that can be found here).

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Allsop said...

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the compliments!


Dave Allsop

July 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Dave Allsop said...

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the compliments!


Dave Allsop

July 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Hi Dave

Thanks for dropping by. I'll be keeping a closer eye on what you're up to in future.

Jon

July 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home