Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2000AD - it's back!

I know, I know, it hasn't really been away, but the website that us fans used to know and love has. But now it's back, with creator and strip databases intact and it's like an old friend has returned to hearth and home after months travelling the globe.

And to top it all, prog 1650 (this summer's jumping on issue) is stunning. When Shakara first came out I thought it was a one-trick pony, but how wrong I was. I love Henry Flint's alien designs on this strip and Robbie Morrison manages to surprise us once again.

Then there's Kingdom, by Dan Abnett and Richard Elson. What not to love there, from Them, to Gene the Hackman getting whet, to the ruins of Sydney? And of course Judge Dredd by John Wagner - the master wordsmith - illustrated by Colin MacNeil - the master pensmith.

So, what are you waiting for? Check it out now!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home