Friday, September 4, 2009

Stormslayer is here!

Thanks to my local independent bookshop The Owl and the Pussycat I now have a copy of Stormslayer.


Wizard Books kindly sent out author copies ten days ago but thanks to postal strikes and the bank holiday they haven't turned up yet. I could have travelled into Wizard's offices and collected them myself quicker. And now that Martin McKenna's got his contributor copies of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (for which he produced the new cover) I'm starting to suspect that the staff at the local sorting office are too busy playing Stormslayer to actually deliver any post!

Anyway, at least I have a copy now - after a fair number of you, by the sounds of things. So the final score is, Local Bookshop - one, Royal Mail - nil!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger C64 Mat said...

That's just utterly fantastic how huge chains run by lots of people in different departments nationwide can completely fail to deliver the one thing that you want, but then a small store of which there's only probably ONE ON EARTH that exists because the people who run it (prepare to be shocked) want to sell books because that's what they like to do can succeed in bringing you something as niche and specific as the new Fighting Fantasy book!
This story has just made my day. One-up to the indies!

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

I know, well done The Owl and the Pussycat!

September 5, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home